Friday, July 28, 2006

of feet and legs

i had my toe nails painted today. la la ti dah dee! finally, i feel like a woman and i act like a woman. see, see? can't see? trust my words then. i've got beautiful pink glossy toe nails now.

sighhhhh! actually, it was nice and glossy. but because i was late for my date, i had to rush out even before i have given the nails a chance to dry, against the advice of the manicurist......now it's all crinkled and smudgy. *pouting* a little 'money down the drain', i think, which is precisely why i don't patronise the neighbourhood manicure and pedicure saloon often enough.

yesterday, knowing that i will be indulging in a heavy banana leaf rice dinner, i decided to do a little work-out before that. a little is exactly the word to describe it because i walked briskly on the threadmill for 17 minutes and i mean really brisky. it was just one step away from running. okay, small fries to most people, i know, but to ms inactive here, it's enough to keep my guilty conscience quiet. that 17 minutes left my legs a little shaky.

today, mph is having the first day of their sale. as a book lover, i am, of course, unable to pass up such a good offer. so, i spent another 1 hour, teethering on high heels, looking for books that will stimulate my mostly-dormant brain cells. my poor achy calves.

then, i come home, hoping to rest those already tired legs. mum, however, decided i needed more exercise.

ring, ring.

mum: are you back? come upstairs.

me: okayyyyyyyy.

sooo, up i go.

she was looking for a nice bag for me to house my laptop. she showed me a few which i proclaim is way too small. unconvinced, she asked me to bring my lappy-top for sizing. why didn't you tell me that when you called, that naughty devil in me thought.but ever the obedient one, i kept quiet and off i went, downstairs again to retrieve my faithful companion. and up i trekked to show her that it was bigger than she remembered. she managed to find another to replace the ones that she had chosen and filled with satisfaction, i skipped down the stairs again. no sooner had i sat down and opened the laptop when the phone rang again....

ring, ring.
mum: why you go down so fast? come up again.
me: ???? the devil in me wanted to say "you never say don't go down mah" but i clamped my mouth tightly and slowly made my way upstairs. again.

this time, she had some nice herbal concoction for me to drink. ahhhhhh! the love of a mother. i brought the cup down, but not before a 'and remember to give me back my cup ahhh', by which time, my aching legs were about to give way.

now, i am happily seated down in front of my computer, resting those pair of poor tortured souls. but i just remembered, i have to go for yoga classes today! arrrrrggggghhhhhhhh!

a massage for my tired legs, anyone?

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was the bill for the 'heavy banana leaf rice dinner' again settled under the table? ha...ha..ha.

me said...

dear licky: no lar, everytime like that, got problem one woh. this time we paid over the counter lah :-)

Las montañas said...

aiyoh!!! 17 minutes is only considered a warmup! according to the exercise gurus. Effectively, kosong calories burned.

Want massage? I thot SF there got offer free one.

Will come back to comment on the nails.. now gotto rush out for lunch appt. ciao

me said...

dear lm: i already said it's small fries to some lah, but better than eating and not burning at all mah. threadmill say got 60 calories burned leh. :-p

SF got free massage meh. you think i'm one of those 'sua ku' who searched for the word 'massage' and went into his blog to search...& ended up with nothing ah? if got free, he no need come to my site to ask me for back rub loh.

have a good lunch. and don't be too cheeky about the nails :-)

Fantasy "Sticky" Flier said...

wahhh a date!!!
u got hold on to the handrails onot? next time don't!
*gives me a leg rub*

Anonymous said...

count me in for a foot massage!!! aaahhhhh...

I re-painted my toenails last night too, I so the fatt hau... cos got hot date tonight... wakakakaka!! nice bronzy colour...

Ronnie Ng said...

haha~!! but i think busy legs make a happier life...

Las montañas said...

ok, back from lunch. eeuuww! pink grossy nails. lunch contents took a turn in the stomach. pink matted I think is better lah. hahaha. I think I'll be motivated to take better care of my toe nails. Its not too bad lah, not like some that are cracked, bruised, and ....

me said...

dear ff: date with hubby only lah. kick leg table mah. you mean next time i should fly off the threadmill?! kekeke. alternated between holding and not holding. can't help it lah. nearly was losing control. ahhhhhh! *enjoying the leg rub* :-)

dear may: ahem! someone got hot date. good luck and hope you enjoy yourself. remember to flash your toes at him, after all that effort :-)

dear ronnie: finally. thought you have gone missing. was going to ask ian about that fella who said our writing was nice and then went missing. busy legs also make very tired person :-p

dear lm: wanted to ask you whether you brought your wallet out for lunch but i rushed out myself and forgot :-p

didn't know you are so experienced about women's nail colour. been experimenting them when hiding in your closet, izzit? heehee. ok, visualise not bright pinky pink type. more like muted lilac-ky pink. then gloss is very nice. it makes the nail stands out more. nevermind lah, wasting my breath playing piano to a bull. karkarkarkar. ok, next post, show some pics of your toe nails and i'll tell you if you have been taking good care of them :-p me think the only care that guys take of nails is by not biting on it. :-p

Las montañas said...

ME: as a matter of fact, my lunch partner did (forgot wallet). Lucky didn't do a Ms Kutuk!

Las montañas said...

errr, showing my toe nails in public is a forbidden act. It rivals Ian's lower limbs, if you know what I mean.

me said...

dear lm: you mean your toe nails are hairy?????!!!! apa ini? you big foot ah?

why people always go out for lunch without wallet ah? what would happen if they went out by themselves? i always very kiasu, double-check and triple check.

Las montañas said...

me said...
i always very kiasu, double-check and triple check.

aiyoh, sounds like some compulsive disorder. check check check... no, mus check somemore. heehee

Wuching said...

mummy's girl!

King's wife said...

I also need that massage lah...I find that my knees ache lately. Old liao..

sengkor said...

no show the glossy toe nails dare to ask for a massage? very brave wo u..

Cocka Doodle said...

Still being traumatized by the ghostly pic of yours, I imagined that your feet are not touching the ground wan when I reach out to massage them....Arrrghhhhhh!!!!!

KW....knees ache ah? Dance summore lah! Hahahahaha!!!

seefei said...

got date with hubby? i dont remember i have a date with you?

*quickly running away*

me said...

dar lm: yah, obsessive compulsive behaviour, schizophrenia, etc..you call it, i have it man. wacko.

dear wuching: why? because i had my toes painted?

dear king's wife: ok, after the volunteers finish massaging my legs, i'll pass the excess ones to your place :-)

dear seng kor: so, does it mean that if i post pics of my toe nails, you will massage my leg? :-p

dear cocka: haiyah! forget the ghostly pic already. now already 7th lunar month, don't anyhow say wrong thing hor....if not you'll get surprise visitor at night :-p

dear fei: low kung? according to lm, you only fit the first part of that definition. hahahahaha.

Ianfluenza said...

Geez... still haven't dropped the hairy leg thingy ah? It's last week's news! Even I dropped the seung-tai incident already... Haha!

Well, 17 minutes or not, it's the conscience that makes you feel better lah. You run a lil bit and you will feel good... Keep it up!

And good luck with the toe nails next time... I bet it gives your hubby more incentive to massage your legs... Hehehe!

Helen said...

hahaaha I can give u tips about those nail polishes. Go buy those polish with silver/gold sprinkles. After applying those, nobody will notice all the smudges on your nails. Plain colours shows all the nail polish imperfections too well! lol

me said...

dear helen: only prob is.....i'm too lazy. sigh! nevermind lah, i'm so captivating, nobody will have time to look down there. karkarkarkar