Tuesday, July 04, 2006

i return to your arms..................

i return to this familiar domain with aching limbs and body, yet a fully refreshed mind. before i embark into the story of my leave, i will like to discuss a phenomenon that i have come across. not during the time i was away but right here, in the blogosphere.

i shall call this the 'you must be from ipoh' phenomenon.

okay, the law goes like this; if you are a blogger from malaysia, and you are not from kl, there is a 79.876% that you are from ipoh. now, why is that? everybody seems to be from ipoh. i know for a fact that it is not a very big town. with a population of 566,000 or so the internet search engine tells me. but everybody is from ipoh. i mean, i don't have anything personal against people from ipoh, despite that fact that i was once jilted by an idiot from that very same place. :-o infact, i have formed the impression that the town produces excellent breed of very attractive people, male and female. we have a few others from here and there, but if you carry out a survey, you will realise that majority of the bloggers, or maybe it's only limited to the select few that i am familiar with, are from........all together now.....ipoh.

does this mean that ipoh-ians have a higher degree of computer literacy? or do they have some secret society there that pushes blogging? blog or you risk death! or were all ipoh-ians exposed to some highly radioactive debris from some nearby atomic explosion at some point in their life, causing all of them to have this irrestible urge to blog? heyyyyy, i'm not making fun of our dear citizens from ipoh, but my curiousity has been incited. can someone please explain this strange phenomenon to me?

ok, i move on to my holiday. it was short. it was sweet. i did not manage to visit mickey's new house, but then again since his hometown is like my second home, i'll leave it for another time. i am sorry i did not take any photos.....but since i don't think you will be particularly interested in what i ate there....or whom i met there......i never saw the reason to fish out my trusty camera. *grins* there was also the fact that i didn't my camera in the first place.

ahhhhh...but i did bring souveniers. since there were sooooooooo many readers *ahem*, i had a difficult time deciding what to get so that there will be no fights and rough shovings and pushings in haste to get their share. since it's my darling mickey's territory, it's only fair that i get something that will remind you of him. ok, step right up with your magnifying glass and pincer. we'll leave the rest of the story for next time. go on, go out there and get your little momento.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
one rat hair per person, pleaseeeeeee. and remember, no shoving and pushing.

14 comments:

Ronnie Ng said...

i think that's because the internet technology has allowed some searches & feeds to generate the initial results at a local-centric level...i mean, those search robots reckon from your IP address that u're from Ipoh, so the initial results tend to be ipoh-based websites & blogs..

(this technology allows advertisers to target audience of a certain locality)

hence, fellow ipoh bloggers though small in population do have a pretty high probability of chancing upon your blog..

Anonymous said...

i don care about ipoh mali or kl mali or penang mali. I WAN MY HAIR!
where is it? where? where?

seefei said...

how do you get those percentage of ipoh bloggers? i am curious also cos someone found my blog by typing "ipoh white coffee"?

Ianfluenza said...

So you're insinuating that people from Ipoh are attractive looking techno geeks who has a high tendency to blog? Very interesting, despite your ambiguously derogatory approach to describe us (Yes lah, me Ipoh mali!), I shall take that as a compliment. Eh, so ngam geh? I was jilted by someone from Ipoh too wor... Come, High Five, Come...

On a more serious note, I actually beg to differ to your theory. I have heaps of searched from KL, Malacca and Selangor when it comes to Malaysian readers. Maybe ronnie's explanation made some sense.

I wish I'm a mutant, okay? I want three adamantium claws unsheathing from between my knuckles, so I can slish-slosh those noisy mofos in the buses... Hahaha...

Ronnie Ng said...

i'm Singaporean, can i still fit into this discussion? hehe..

well, there's something i've noticed though...it seems to me that ipohans not only have strong command of english but also extremely high creativity in language expression.. You & Ian's posts are always powered with lots of adjectives/adverbs & painted a lot of pictures in the mind..very poetic..gives me the impression that ipohans are probably like the Irish of UK, who have churn out many great literature & poems..

are there many bookstores & libraries in ipoh or what?

sorry i can't help wondering :)

me said...

dear ronnie: wowwwww, so technical. i don't quite know how people found my blog but since there aren't really that many readers, i don't think they searched for me. prob curious about the link from some regular readers. but i'm not from ipoh, you see.....so that can't be it. and most of them are no longer in ipoh, but came from ipoh. there's almost like a whole network of ipoh bloggers out there.

dear ah pek: got mah. two cute roddens and infinity number of hairs for you to choose from. or was it another kind of hair you are looking for?

dear fei: heehee. as with all technical experts, i made up those figures lah. don't believe everything you read on the internet *grins*

dear ian: i know you ipoh mali, which further confirms my theory lah. ermmmm....we can't be talking about the same person who jilted us right? unless you are multi-adapter *wink wink* first time i heard anybody want to hi-5 to being jilted. go figure this ipoh boy and tell me he was not harmed by some obscure radiation when he was young. :-)

haiyoh, better be careful when i mention those people talking on the bus. treading on dangeroius territory where ian is concerned. turns him instantly into mr hyde. *hiding in fear*

me said...

dear ronnie: can't help but gush at your compliment. *blushing* but as i was saying just before you posted your comment (but it appeared just after yours), i'm not from ipoh. heehee. unfortunately, i can't claim to be genetically born pretty. i'm born, but perhaps not entirely bred in kl, complete with the arrogance and sophistication *ahem* of the klites. *ducking flying shoes from ipoh-ians*

heehee, i take my lead from ian. he inspires me to write and express myself better. i can't let a small boy beat me mah *grins*

me said...

by the way, ian, is that your way of telling me that your blog manyak popular ah? searches from kl, malacca and selangor somemore. phew! *grins* i meant regular bloggers that i come across. by chance. not the other way round, where they searched for me. actually, i think it's because of the network system. i go to fei's blog and i notice the comments his friends leave for him....and of course, they will be from ipoh. then i go to helen and the same will strike me. i haven't notice anybody from ipoh supporting you yettttt.......but anyway, that's what reinforced my belief. not coincidence maybe, but the network. maybe ipoh-ians have a better support group and closer friendship ties because it's a small town.

Wuching said...

i want my share of rat hair!

Ianfluenza said...

ronnie:
Eh, please stop it. You're making me blush. I have a lot of room for improvement really. I don't think we have a lot of libraries or bookstores in Ipoh compared to other states, but we definitely have a lot of Ipoh Chicken Hor Fun stalls here.

me:
Ahahaha... Ronnie thought you were from Ipoh. And I should rephrase my line: "Most of my searches and readers come from KL, Malacca and Selangor." My readership is nothing to be proud of lah.

Also, I was implying she's from Ipoh too. (Dunno if you're pretending not to know or what. Haha..)Don't worry, I'm not that Bus Uncle you've been fearing of.

And now that yo mentioned it, no tongheong support me blog. And I can't explain why. Pity.

Fantasy "Sticky" Flier said...

Ipohians very free lor....

waaaaaaaaahhhhhhh damn cute the mice, I wanna bring them home

me said...

dear wuching: help yourself to them. plentyyyyyyyy to go around :-)

dear $3: like....duhhhhhh. of course i know what you meant lah, blur case. obviously lah, i was pulling your leg. need to clarify somemore....sigh! *shaking head* it must be those ipoh chicken rice that is producing all these mutant ipoh bloggers. hahahaha.

dear ff: hmmmmmmm.....your theory sounds the best. if you take the mice, must remember to feed them and play with them horrrrr...

Las montaƱas said...

sorry I'm late. Are there still rat hairs left? Can split the hair or not!?

me said...

dear lm: better late than never. haiyah, see you so nice, give you from my personal collection lah *removing from frame on the wall* take care of the rat hair ah. must put conditioner every now and then, ok?