Wednesday, July 12, 2006

a good friend was he

i have a friend, and a good friend was he.
we set the time and place to meet up for tea.
so good was he, that he just left and let me be,
even before i managed to have a cuppa inside of me.

i started out being very pissy today. for very obvious reasons. i will like to think that i am a fairly reasonable and very tolerant person. but he has never been punctual and i have been frequently taught the very fine skills of 'aeroplane flying' (for those who are lost at this description, please locate a friend adept in cantonese for translation). time and time again, i have been very tempted to clobber him. ohhhh, that would have been very satisfying indeed.

i mean, if you do not have the time for some catching up and a good cup of tea, well......just say so. i am definitely not amused when you have to suddenly disappear after showing your face for 10minutes, and expect the other friend to keep me company. okay, i may be mildly tickled by your first attempt, but the patience quickly runs short when it happens each and every time. i used to just shake my head and roll my eyes at your punctuality habits, or the lack of it. but since david copperfield has trained you as his personal student and you have been doing the disappearing trick, i wonder why i bother.

ahhhh, it felt good to get it off my chest. since i cannot hantam him physically, hammering away at the keyboard does help to alleviate the frustration. and on with my life.......

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

grrrr, the cheek of it!! he's not worth the bother leh.

and yes... life does go on... sigh

Wuching said...

hmm..bad friend indeed!

me said...

dar may: yah, support. but knowing that when i knock my head on the wall, it will hurt, i still make the same mistake time and again.

dear wuching: and then you look inwards and wonder if there is any problem with you.

Ianfluenza said...

If you see him again, hantam his Rolex or Swatch or Tag Heuer whatsoever, for he doesn't need a watch to tell time he won't be punctual for.

Actually, I can speak for myself too. Guilty as charged for a tardy person. But well, I don't wear a watch that costs too much...

Robin CHAN said...

good, I like u.. u drink tea..

I am allergic to coffee.. dun mind smelling it but drinking it causes an headache

Cocka Doodle said...

My dear Lenglui,

Sorry for making you wait the other day.
I promise I'll try to improve on my punctuality and stay for at least another 10 minutes more....
I can't help it but sneak off from the back door after seeing all that food on your table.
Frankly, I didn't want to be seen seated with a ..a...p..p...never mind.

me said...

dear ian: good. handover your 'not so expensive' watch so that i can smash them together. tardiness i can still tolerate, seeing that it seems to be part of the malaysian culture. disappearance..that is another issue.

dear robin: heehee. actually i drink both. i like tea for how it makes me feel - clean, smooth and relax. once in a while, i indulge in coffee for that kick and energy to help me going. but i don't like how it makes me feel after drinking; like so contaminated.

dear cocka: you manyak suka tarik kaki saya lah. if you were to ask me out for tea, i am sure you will "mm ser tak" leave :-)

Anonymous said...

you sure have lots of these friends hor. always letting off your aeroplane wan.

Ronnie Ng said...

a Malaysian Houdini?

Helen said...

Is he that hot??

Nay, he wouldn't be hot even if he looks like Brad... not with this kind of attitude." ;-(

me said...

dear ah pek: ya lor. do you think it's me? must be my problem lah.

dear ronnie: yes. too bad he doesn't do public performance, otherwise you guys will be entertained too.

dear helen: sigh! we usually give more leaway to the cute ones, so i guess he qualifies. but you know what, he's really sincere and nice, and deep down, he's the most decent person i know. he's just really really busy, if you accept that excuse.

me said...

erm, sorry, the second most decent person i know. i married the first one.

Cocka Doodle said...

Lenglui...pls don't go and tell ppl that I'm cute, decent and nice la...
Tonite I cannot sleep ledi. LOL

me said...

dear cocka: tak boleh tahan liao. every post i write, you think it's about you *pengsan*. i must write one about a sadomasochistic bisexual who enjoys weird sexual games. now, i am sure you can identify with that. rofl.

dear all: person in question followed up with many apologies and offered to buy me a cuppa the next day. i guess he is really a decent chap. so, once again, no matter how many times it has hurt, this old dumb fool is ready to go head knocking on the wall - again.