Thursday, July 20, 2006

expose!

MY 100TH POST! ta dah! i have actually managed to last this long. what? no fanfare, no surprises, no celebrations ? *pouting* ok, so i'll tone down the celebration a little and blow the candle by myself.

as promised, i will post my picture in today's post. readers will finally be able to satisfy their curiousity as to how this often rambling, sometimes senseless and always talkative lady looks like. i have also said that i will not photo-shop the photo, so as to give you the very real 'me'. a photo that was taken my daughter dearest with my handphone's camera, so you'll have to excuse if the quality is not as good. i know, enough talk and on with the photo......

not so fast. before that, you have to finish reading the dedication and story first *grins*.

i dedicate this post to the old man who was there holding my hand from the very start, guiding my every step and giving me helpful pointers along the way. his very presence gave me the encouragement to continue writing to what would otherwise have been a non-existent readership. his kindred spirit shone the way for another lost soul in the blogosphere. thank you very much ah pek *hugs*

i started out this blog (how do i concentrate with two children shouting like a dog and a cat around me? sighhhhh! just drop them an imaginary bone and let's continue) because i was tired of indulging in self-pity in my last one. for me, this was a fresh start. i once had the misconception that reading other people's blog was probably the most boring thing possible. that was before my friend brought me here and as you know, i have been hooked eversince.

not only has this blog put me in touch with people from other parts of the world, it has showed me that there are some very decent and nice people out there. for a true-blue certified cynic like me, this has given my life a glimmer of light and hopefully, over time, it will soften the hard jagged edge. thank you for giving me the hope.

through this blog, i have also witnessed the re-birth of my love for writing. it has been buried in my unconscious for the longest time such that i have even forgotten of its existence. i love to write and it is such a beautiful bonus that i actually have people reading it. if i were to wait for my skills to be honed enough for publication, i will probably be old and gray, covered in cob-webs and my writings will never see the light of day. thank you for reading.

lastly, this blog has served as an outlet for what would otherwise have been a very oppresive and frustrating life. as it is, i am able to leave the footsteps in my life here, where i am able to return at will and be reminded of my journey at a later stage. at the same time, i can leave all my sadness, my frustrations and my anger in this magical chest whilst i continue on this marvellous expedition of life. thank you for sharing.

ok, enough talk. talk is cheap. photo, photo, photo, we want photo. i get it. scroll down for effect then..
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
..
.
.
. are you sure you're ready for this expose? don't you want to retain some mystery and let your imagination run wild? you rather eliminate all hope? okay, if you're sure..........scroll down...... . . . .
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


hmmmmmm...i guess it was a very windy day. hopefully, you will be able to rest tonight without any nightmares after seeing the photo (well, you have been warned).

i truly believe that a photo of yours truly will distract your attention from my writings. as it is, you will listen when you read, rather than pre-form judgements before you have even begun :-)

i leave the rest to your imagination.

**********************************

DD,

i woke up in the middle of the night and tears rolled down my face. i dreamt of her again. i don't want to return to that very painful space but my unconscious reminds me that i miss her very much.

i saw her, moving so lively and smiling so happily; such a far contrast from reality. even now, when i open my eyes and the sun is shining so bright, her smile is so deeply carved in my memory. is she smiling at me now from so far away? Posted by Picasa

24 comments:

Ianfluenza said...

Haha! Somehow I had a gut feeling that you're gonna pull all our legs with your real 'photo'. Yes it is real indeed and has not been photoshopped. Was that just mere lighting, or is your hair dyed BLUE in the photo?

Anonymous said...

wah, silky smooth nice healthy hair woh! just like a pantene ad! :))

Las montañas said...

Well.. ahem. A real 'photo' as said by Ian. Heehee.

Enjoyed your posts. And may u continue to write and hook up with more cyberfrens.

Las montañas said...

Oops, I forgot to bring the fanfare! trumpets, singers, dancers..etc for your 100th post!

King's wife said...

happy 100th!!
and don't you love a windy day?

me said...

dear ian: hahaha. you can truly say you know me now :-) how can reveal myself so easily? it was real lighting though. i have no idea why it became blue since there was no blue light nearby. still, it is me - you just need more imagination to fill in the rest of the parts.

dear sooi2: hahahhaha. even nicer without the blue lighting hor.

dear lm: thank you. thank you. hope you guys really enjoyed my photo. ehhhh...where's the strip dancer...or is that asking too much?

dear king's wife: hehehehe. ya lor, next time must remember to bring some clips for the hair :-)

titoki said...

WAaaaahhhhh 100 already ar?! Can I call you Ah Po? ;)

me said...

dear titoki: only if you want an early death. hahahahahahaha :-)

Anonymous said...

UNFAIR!!!!!!!!
UNFAIR!!!!!!!!
UNFAIR!!!!!!!!

Wuching said...

OMG! HANTU! HANTU! *i just pee in my pant liao*

Las montañas said...

From tweedie bird: I tot I saw a Pontianak! :P

Cocka Doodle said...

Geez.....i was reading this at nite in a hotel room. When I scrolled down to your pic, it really hark 9 sie ngor!
Hoe chi kuai kum yeong!

sengkor said...

*sob*sob* scared people one at nite..

lenglui, congrats on ur 100th. so, when u reach ur 200th, u think still windy day or not?

me said...

dear licky: eh, you are even more mysterious than me lah.

dear wuching: next time pakai pampers dulu lah.

dear lm: i could have sworn it's supposed to be 'i tot a saw a puddy cad, i tid, i tid i tid'. hmmmm...maybe the malaysian tweety..birds shouldn't be roaming out so late at night...woooooooo :-)

dear cocka: not 'hoe chi', it's 'chik cheng hai'. at night, in your dreams.......i will be there......wooooooooo :-) don't start fantasising about me ah. hahahahaha.

dear sengkor: i love all those late night comments. very good ambiance to see the photo ler. hehehehee. 200th post ah? if you are still around to support me, maybe wind will be less strong :-p

*********

wahhhhhhhhhhhh. why the one i dedicated the post to still belum tengok keh? wahhhhhhhhhhh. :-(

Admin said...

walaueh!! so high hat you pull over me i nearly died of suffocation!

congratulations on your achievement as a centuranian blogger.

and i like long hair devil wan.

and those eyes are memerising.

me said...

finally you came. i waited and waited. didn't want to post today's entry until you had a chance to read it :-)next time visit, must bring oxygen tank lah. eyes kecil macam itu also you say mesmerising? i sudah polish your shoe until kilat kilat until you dunno what else to say issit :-p

HappySurfer said...

Happy 100! Can't wait till you hit 100 and a half, posts, I mean. Congrats! Congrats!

Helen said...

Pantene model ar?? LOL

Hey, I'll wait for you to reveal more on your 200th post, OK?

seefei said...

ahhhh.... junji from the ring!!!

btw... you need to redo your highlight. the colour had faded enough to be noticed in the photo hehehe... ;-)

Anonymous said...

you could compete with Angel and her hantu hair when she went to the salon with me for her hair re-bonding, hahaha! now, where did I stash that photo?...

congratulations for making it this far! may we see a few hundred more posts from you.... :)

Las montañas said...

I think ME's photo very good lah.. for those burning midnight oil for their exams..etc. :P

me said...

dear happysurfer: that was a nice post. hmmm....i think i should slow down a little. i have to think of myself in terms of fractions again. thank you :-)

dear helen: lighting sahaja. real life, we call that effect 'oily and limp'. hahahaha

dear fei: yes, beware. i come out from your tv......

i think the lighting has warped the colour on my hair. actually it's not quite that visible in the photo. mine's not highlighted. it's coloured. do you know the difference? but you're right, it's high time to get it done again but my friend doesn't allow me to do it - harmful if i do it frequently. so, i'm procrastinating.

dear may: thank you :-) show me photo lah.

dear lm: can always count on you for support hor......not! hahaha. see photo so late at night, studies also cannot concentrate lor. forget burning midnight lamp, all the lights in the house also must switch on....scared to see ghosts.

zewt said...

not leng lui at all.

me said...

u want to die ah, say i not lenglui at all. ghostly looking also got ghostly looking lenglui what!!!