Tuesday, November 28, 2006

windows

there are some people who will look at teary red swollen eyes and ask, "err...have you been cutting onions or something?". then, there are those that will sit down, take one glance at the missing glitter in your eyes and exclaim, "whatever is bothering you?".

such perceptiveness is rare, scary even. it should be refreshing to have another person understand your emotions so well, perhaps better than yourself. however, in this cold harsh world, we are so used to hiding everything within our inner core, where access is only by invitation and a key. to have someone be able to see through the windows of your soul, merely by looking into your eyes, is unnerving to say the least.

i have never believed in the phrase 'our eyes are the windows to our soul'. my eyes do not tell tales of the past. when you stare deep inside, all you will see is a dark black (or is it dark brown?) pool of ...retina? you may even be able to see your own reflection but definitely no stories. peeling off my layers like an onion with one look, i don't want.

i'm going to have to close my eyes now.

12 comments:

may said...

my eyes don't say much. and puffy eyes hide well behind spectacles, too.

but the words that I write, now... they tell too much! ishhh!

Anonymous said...

this is the real you that i am reading, and i kinda love it. =)

human relations is one very complex shit. just bear with it.

Anonymous said...

Errr..notice my absence from your comment box this week? Too deep, too deep till I dunno what to say *sigh*

Las montaƱas said...

You got sensitive tear ducts?

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't wish for everyone to be able to read me ;p

Anonymous said...

It's not the eyes alone. It's the overall body language. But basically, if you're close to someone, I think you can sense things in unexplainable ways.

Anonymous said...

huh? you mean you have those cold unemotional eyes? like that how to let out current?

sengkor said...

my eyes only show 1 thing. tiredness.

Unknown said...

*speechless*...

me said...

dear may: i don't know chinese...but it looks like 'mei' to me. pretty? please enlighten. i don't know much abt what keeps troubling u but i hope a hug will make it better, if only for a little while *hugsssssss*

dear serendipity: *blush* you are too kind with your words. yes, relations are so complex.

dear imd: heehee, i tot u got bored with me. am i being too deep? perhaps it's because i only tell a part of my story each time, so you find yourself lost. but i only want to tell them from my point of view, as i see them. i don't want to name people or tell it in too much details, lest i hurt them (eventhough they don't read it).

dear monty: the swollen red teary eyes are not mine. only the lacking in glitter ones. was just demonstrating a point. :-)

dear poochie: yah, i know, it's so scary! i guess it immediately raised my defences up.

dear jonzz: which was strange, because the person was not exactly the closest to me. but i think you're right, it's the overall body languange. and that person was looking...so that person saw.

dear anon: hmmm, who is this naughty anonymous? how to let out current? body language!! hahaha.

dear sengkor: awwwwww! why are you so tired? from your new work? hey, you need to get out more. or is that the reason you're so tired. hug hug. take care and don't burn yourself out.

dear kenny: kenny speechless??!! wow!! we shall hold a moment of silence to commemorate this special occasion. kakaka.

Anonymous said...

As long as our eyes dont see only white then can lah!! LOL!

me said...

dear ian: trust you to be the joker *grins*