Thursday, November 16, 2006

black thursday

this morning started out as the absolute crappiest (to borrow a phrase from sengkor).

my deep slumber was roughly awakened by somebody informing me that my daughter's ride to school today will not be available. stupid people. they don't know the perils of interrupting a lady dragon in her beauty sleep. *scorchhhh!*

so, i became designated driver today. halfway through the trip, i realised that the car is running dangerously low on fuel and i have a long way to go. whizzing around at 110kmh is hardly the time to suddenly run out of petrol. plus my handphone is blinking 'recharge, recharge'. sighhhhh! it is not a good start to an early morning. still, i ignored the needle as it continued to inch downwards. i seem to have a surreal sense of security that i will not be stranded on the highway as i stubbornly chose to plough on.

amazingly, i survived the trip to school and back, with the car and myself intact (a pose with a sign of victory is appropriate here). however, the mighty powers above decided to test my patience a little wee bit more. the entire morning, i bumped into every table corner, scraped my knee, stubbed my toe and knocked against things like a drunken fool. each time, i took a deeper breath. i'm not quite ready to explode yet.

during my second chauffer round this morning, i ventured into the nearest petrol station, only to realise that i have forgotten the pin number for the petrol card. i know you are listening up there. i think i have enough for today, thank you. i tried a couple of number combinations that were floating around in that grey space but as my luck will have it today, it was rejected. rolling my eyes, sighing as loud as i possibly can, i fished out some cold hard cash to put enough petrol so that the car will behave - for today, at least. i had to go back for my receipt, which i forgot due to the present condition of my mind. if the man behind the glass window had uttered a single remark of discontent, there would have been a massacre there and then! luckily some people know when to keep their mouth shut.

scooting my son off to school, i made a quick detour to the nearest shopping centre to pick up some stuffs. yes, yes. it was written in my destiny today. for some quirky reasons, the road to the shopping centre, and no where else, was jammed pack with cars, crawling mind you, not even moving. by the time the car was able to reach the shopping centre, i had 30 mins before i had to hop on again and take my son home from school! what day is it today anyway?! black thursday the 16th?!

fast forward 3 hours later (thank goodness my house did not collapse during that time or my car explode!) and it's time to pick up daughter again. this time, i realise that my touch-n-go (toll reload card) was bankrupt and i had no other choice but to join the very long queue to refill the card as i pass the toll. just when i was pressing for time, someone must have heard my prayers and decided to amuse themselve at my expense.

i'm barely holding it together at the moment. any possible thing may trigger an explosion of frustration that i have been trying so hard to contain today. i sighed and i sighed. when will this day end?

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wah, such a rough day. You have my sympathies. I think that wake up call must have started it. If you have such a lousy start to a day, the rest of the day always gets affected.

*Pat* *Pat* Take a short break. Have a cuppa and pamper yourself. Don't let it get to you.

seefei said...

relax!

but calling yourself dragon lady is confusing to say the least. we usually associate DL with piao mei ;-)

Las montaƱas said...

its ending. looks at watch. says 6.00pm. :)

no touch and go can still pay cash wat.

King's wife said...

ending soon, ending soon.
When it rains, it pours. Hope you have a much better day tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

has it ended yet for you?
it hasn't for me yet... *sigh*

Wuching said...

now tell me ur good day!

Cocka Doodle said...

Break A leg! Have a nice day! LOL

Anonymous said...

Having made it thus far, your patience is commendable...

me said...

dear jonzz: yes, i will hunt down that person who woke me up and ....terminate him! ahem!

dear fei: oh, i didn't know that. i meant dragon as in fire scorching? but i guess you would know better, from your frequent visits to those places. heehee *runs from fei*

dear monty: can...but forgot to add that wallet also running dangerously low on fuel. sigh! no atm in sight some more.

dear kw: today seems so good so far....touch wood faster!

dear may: poor thing! come, come, together we wallow in misery and whine.

dear wuching: sigh! today still cannot be considered good day leh...more running around..so exhausting.

dear cocka: if i break a leg, it won't be considered a nice day leh. :-p

Annie said...

What's this in da trash can?

It's ME's pregnancy test.. Does a "+" mean she's got a bun in the oven?

kekekeke.. see ME? Life really CAN be worse!!!!

LOL!

Gotcha!

Fantasy "Sticky" Flier said...

Install rubber bumpers around the house next time?

Unknown said...

Heard of the 10/90 principle?

anyway... i emphatize with u, i've had one of those days before too.

me said...

dear ian: wahhhhh, so serious. sounds like my report card from schooling years. thank you, sir.

dear annie: at this point in life, i don't know if a positive pregnancy test will be all that disastrous. a nick in my plans perhaps, but remembering how cute they once were, it won't be the end of the world for me if i was pregnant.

dear ff: sounds like one of those mental institution to me. then again, perhaps very appropriate for me. hehe.

dear bernard: no leh. 10% of the time you will have very very veyr bad days, 90% of the time you will keep your sanity, issit? *grins*

Unknown said...

"10% of life is made up of what happens to you. 90% of life is
decided by how you react."

Aiya.. why am I so kaypoh?

me said...

heehee, hence the name of my blog lah. but i like your phrase of the day