Wednesday, November 01, 2006

all about having fun

i know, i know.

most malaysians do not celebrate halloween. it's neither part of our custom nor tradition. however, when do we need custom to have fun?

yesterday night was all about that - having fun. who cares what the occasion marks or what it is suppose to represent. to this big kid, it was just another excuse to dress up, let my hair down and go crazy a little. true, i could have let the kids dress up in their halloween costumes and just act the part of chaperon, but where is my share of the fun? what is the point of life if we don't have fun along the way?



the place was right.

the time was right.

we had little spiders, firemen, witches, ghosts, draculas.....anything that rocks your imagination. one mother came in her bathrobe, complete with the towel around her hair! it was a hoot!



the children ran from door to door, ringing on bells for their treats. watching them light up with excitement and happiness, i was grateful to be a part of it - the energy, the silliness, the variation from our daily routine.

i have been celebrating halloween for many years now, from the days when the neighbourhood has yet to hear of such a celebration locally, to now, where it's rampant in most expatriate housing areas. all i had to do .....was gate-crash :-)


for those of you logging in here to catch a glimpse of how i look like.... here. the close-up wasn't satisfactory, blame it on the photographer, so i can't share it with you



how often do you get supergirl, cleopatra, queen amidala and the local neighbourhood ghost posing together for a photo?

i'm all ready for the onslaught of all those 'ghost face' comments you guys were saving your bullets for. hey, you were the one who gave me the idea for my costume! Posted by Picasa

19 comments:

Annie said...

Well, I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm completely freaked by those photos of ME.. There's something NOT normal about those photographs.. blame it on the blur or the heavy eyeliner but I'm completely convinced that YOU ARE POSSESSED
*Annie running scared*

Anonymous said...

ARGHHH!!! Annie I was shock too!!! ME's the Malaysian answer to The Exorcist!!

Ms. ME, promise me you wont dress like that when I go eat bak kut teh with you. I dont want that fat pork end up stuck in my wind pipe... Hahaha!

Anonymous said...

Great Makeover! Ha ha ha...

Anonymous said...

the photos are excellent!! I love those little pumpkin pots, were they filled to the brim with goodies? now I have this craving for pumpkin pie. I don't even know how it tastes like, but I crave for it all the same! LOL!!

Wuching said...

wuah! u r that beautiful ghost from the chinese ghost movies! the ones that always lure young strapping young men to bed & later to death!

Anonymous said...

wow! so fun! never invite me to the party :(

me said...

dear annie: now you knowwwwwwwwwww...woooo hoooo......

dear ian: if i dress like that when i bring you for your bak kut teh, you don't have to worry about getting choked. you won't even be putting that piece of meat in your mouth, much less move a muscle. infact, the shop probably won't serve us and will start offering me some incense.

dear imd: kakaka. i thought it was nice too. but u should have seen queen amidala, she was even better!

dear may: hmmmm, pumpkin pie, sounds yummy. if you make them, do let me know how it taste like. i can almost feel it melting in my mouth, even though i also have no idea how it is suppose to taste like.

dear wuching: one look at me and all those people will be scraming to get away. how to lure people like that?!

dear poohcy: gate-crash only mah, how to invite you? i don't have money to bail you out if we all end up in jail.

titoki said...

I just peed in my pants.

Anonymous said...

Confession, as I was scrolling down, and I saw the head, I was like, 'what the, why ppl want to dress up like 'Michael Jackson'? Look like a kiong si (chinese corpse/zombie) wa ka ka ka ka ka.

Sasha Tan said...

wow! WOW! really look like the real "thing"

Anonymous said...

wuoooo.... i wouldn't mind celebrating "chat yuet sam ng" with that long haired, white robed ghost.

sengkor said...

luckily i m not staying at ur neighborhood.. i will shit on the spot if i bumped into u dressed like that..

Las montaƱas said...

now now people! come to your senses!

ME: its about time u take off that facial mask! And please return that white cloth to the barber.

Anonymous said...

haha ure definitely scarier than me.

NOBODY THINKS I'M SCARY!!!

i'm so sad.

:(

Robin CHAN said...

aiyo, u look like gui leh..

Luckily not 7th month..
I think seventh month also a reason to have fun .. for the gui

Anonymous said...

u shud stand outside KL general hospital...or a crematorium.... and see how many cars/motors crashed from staring too long at u, hahaha.

me said...

dear titoki: you need some pampers, honey?

dear jonzzy: michael j? pleaseeeeeeee! that's an even scarier thought!!!

dear sasha: kakakaka. luckily it was the correct place and time, otherwise i may get into a lot of trouble wearing that.

dear ah pek: ok, next chat yuet sup sei, i'll come visit youuuuuuuuu! but pls make sure it's really me and not the real thing paying you a visit!

sengkor: hahaha. can you imagine me standing quietly in the corner and you saw me from the corner of your eyes as you were getting in your car? bet you will rush to get in that car, start it and drive at top speed to get out of there!

dear monty: you know, as i was putting on that white theatre make-up, i actually tot i could have just put on my facial mask instead. it would have been more beneficial to my face, whilst at the same time totally appropriate. the white cloth? you know how women always complain about nothing to wear? so, i grabbed my tablecloth loh.

dear serendipity: that's because you are too pretty to be scary, honey.

dear robin: that's the point mah. why dress up like a ghost if i'm not going to look like one?

dear sasha: that made me laugh so hard! kakakaka. i will instantly add to the head count for the hospital and crematorium. mm chong sei toe hark sei (don't get into accident also will have instant heart attack)

Cocka Doodle said...

Wow! You got a great body!

me said...

dear cocka: *scratching head* liddat also you can see ah? you got x-ray vision ah? big white loose cloth, i can't figure how you came up with that comment. you like big fat vibrating tub of jelly ah?