Thursday, November 09, 2006

that b****

blogging is for people with lots of free time on their hand; time to deliberate on issues and come up with inspiring and touching stories. at the very least, eloquent and well-presented tales. it's definitely not for desperate 'not-quite-the-housewife' type of housewife like me, juggling countless things on my tentacles.

i dream of finding the time to sit in a nearby cafe, sipping hot steamy aromatic coffee whilst i take a walk inside my mind and ponder on my thoughts, clicking on the keys as i go along. what luxury! as it is, my ideas and thoughts die a natural death in their womb that is my brain, even before they are fully formed. cause of death: incessant chatter of children whining for attention.

there is this girl that i know whom i absolutely detest. if it is not for her, i will probably be lounging at the pool, with a tall glass of ice tea in my hand, basking in the hot sun. or i could be in the north pole, going after my dream of seeing the aurora borealis.

instead, she sends me here and there, running on my feet like a dog. even when i am typing out this post, she orders me to the kitchen to multi-task a soup somewhere between these lines. she is quite the demanding freak, like melinda priestly in devils wear prada. nothing is ever good enough, nothing is ever right. sigh!

when someone is in need of hospital attention, that b**** volunteers my attention. sheesh! it's easy for her to say! all it takes is a few words from her golden mouth and i'll be tired to the bones, running around to handle the errands. for once, i sure will like to see her handle it all by herself, instead of plain talk.

during school holidays, which is around the corner again, she dreams of countless activities for the kids and guess who is the poor 'dahling' that has to execute them? i will like to 'execute' her! she is probably the creation of the devil, to keep me on my toes.

if at any point in time i fail to deliver, you can bet that i will sure get hell from her. the never-ending guilt trips, the sarcasm and the 'elbow in your ribs' remark. i am only but one person, cool it, will you?

anybody knows how to drown a CONSCIENCE?

hello, people?! this is the key word! you don't read this, you won't understand the entire post!! it's my conscience, get it?

20 comments:

seefei said...

little karma talk for leng lui here....

this little girl is your liability from a previous life. accept it and pray for a better life next life :-)

burung pipit is still looking for my debt statement. :-(

Anonymous said...

Har? 4F, you sure ME is talking about her beloved children? Or am I the one misreading???

Anyways... All the best with your perseverence. I'll go back and treat you BKT!!!

sengkor said...

are u seeing ur invisible friend again?

Las montaƱas said...

This ME, so complex, her posts. me sometimes (most of the time) dun quite understand. :(

Anonymous said...

but even mirinda priestly (the movie version) has some good qualities ...i like her!

errr...u not talking abt mother in law rite? kakakah!

Anonymous said...

ME: For a moment I tot u schizo ;p
U r talking abt your conscience. Yes, I can identify w u...heeeee...

Annie said...

Blogging is for housewives with little whiney children. The woman needs a "mental break" to chat with A.D.U.L.T.S. and to remember to think in adult terms; otherwise, your head will go to mush. I find it an escape. Of course to really put a thought together is very difficult and it's hard to focus.

It's why I like the cboxes, if I can't focus on a thought, I can at least pop my head in for a quick hello. :D

Annie said...

Oh, and I think ME is talking about either her mother or her mother-in-law. Just a hunch... because it would be mine.

me said...

dear all: omigawd! i must have really messed it up this time. but pooh got it, so it can't be that bad. hello, guys!!! the very last word said it all. that b**** i was talking about is my conscience! duh! be back later to reply on your comments. must go act the part of chauffer and bodyguard now.

Anonymous said...

*phew*!! luckily you mentioned the b**** was your conscience, otherwise I'd have kept wondering who it was!!

yea. my conscience is a b**** too.

me said...

dear all: sigh! it seems that today's post shows almost everybody hasn't been paying full attention when they read. since sengkor is the veteran of them lot, and he is so used to ME playing tricks like this, he's understandably wary. dear readers, don't speed read. go make yourself some tea and enjoy my post whilst you are sipping on it's warmth. sigh!

ok, i get it. don't write so cheekily next time. and no long posts *salute*

dear fei: hmmm...looks like you didn't get the point. this little girl is me lah, friend. my conscience. the one that won't just let things be. your debt statement? how do you mean?

dear ian: you, and the rest of the people. where did i write that it was my kids? i only said 'she' volunteered me to carry out activities for the kids. your english so 'keng', i tot you would have grasped it. hmmm...maybe the problem lies with me. should have highlighted the word with neon flashing lights.

dear sengkor: this one seasoned to my dry sense of humour already, know that i am definitely not talking about a human. but still can't see the word 'conscience'. sigh! that's why lah, so vain, don't want to wear your glasses.

dear monty: huh? really ah? don't say like that lah. i tot i made it pretty clear mah. the problem is you people never read every word mah. in a rush to attend that meeting or to go out for lunch, so anyhow skim over my post...cannot like that one. must read every single word. the very last one is the gist of the whole post today.

dear sooi2: oh no! my mil is the best in the world. it's my conscience, dear. the thing that makes us do things that we sometimes don't want to do. the one that keeps reminding us what's right.

dear poochie: i can almost kiss you!!!!! you are the first one here to understand my post. that shows you have been paying attention. good poochie!

dear annie: i guess you're right. it's the place to be so caustic and sarcastic and the right people still won't get offended. key word here: right people. try that on every blogger and you will start a war right here in the blogosphere! but annie and me has a bond, yah? we understand each other. *wink* but sooooo disappointed annie was also not paying attention. hello? what did it mean by 'drowning my conscience'? didn't understand how it relate to the whole post, so let's just forget that sentence? sigh! from a person whose mother tongue is english......sigh!

dear may: lucky you came a little late today, otherwise also kena taruk by me. haha! conscience makes us do things even when we don't really want to but i guess listening to it is what separates the good from the bad.

Anonymous said...

yalah yalah.. you are a great mother lah. I know lah.

Cocka Doodle said...

You've been watching reruns of "A beautiful Mind" again ah?

Anonymous said...

LOL, that was interesting, describing your conscience serparately in a third person perspective like that.

Don't drown out your conscience. There are already too many people in this world who couldn't care less how their actions affect others. She may be b***h sometimes but she's a good b***h.

me said...

dear ah pek: hahaha! some more good aunty, good daughter, good wife and good sister leh, you didn't say!!! pau sei!

dear cocka: errr....i saw that movie....but i don't how it relates here loh. *scratching head* ppl say my post 'chim', but your comment even more 'chim' leh.

dear jonzz: yes, you benefited from coming in late, when everything has been explained. the rest of them are not so amused and are ready to strangle me, i think.

Wuching said...

whats a b****? bloke?

Unknown said...

me, i keep coming back to read you becos of the interesting way you write. it's amazing.

i guess that it's true that, sometimes, a "conscience" just might be from the devil. especially if it causes a burn-out.

me said...

dear wuching: pretend to don't know ah? female version of dog?

dear bernard: you are too kind, sir. it's sweet words like that which gives me the strength to continue writing, otherwise may have stopped long ago.

Anonymous said...

What!!! You misread MY comment lah you!!! I was reading that you're talking about ur conscience! But then when see fei referred it to your girls, I was merely asking him if he's sure you're referring to your girls, coz I read otherwise...

How could you not understand my English??!! *tsk tsk* LOL!

me said...

dear ian: wakakaka. looks like i am the blur one, as always. i was wondering what the '4F' meant, and why fei as the same thing in his own comment box. heehee. now i know. *hangs head in shame*