Friday, December 29, 2006

resolutions

today is the last weekday in the year 2006 and most probably my last post for this year.

the end of another year. i guess there are two ways to look at it; depending on whether you are a pessimist or an optimist. we can always look forward to the things the new year promises, or look back on that lost which we have been unable to grasp hold off. i would love to say that i fit into the shoes of someone who looks on the bright side but my heart string tugs at memories past. i guess i will always be someone who will turn and look back once in a while in my footsteps forward.

for the first time ever in my life, i started a list of resolutions at the start of this year. the point of it? maybe to see how much i have achieved in what i set out for myself. those goals aren't impossible to achieve...yet, looking back on the list, i find myself only achieving 1.5 of the 6. darn pitiful, don't you think?

i reflect and it amazes me how much different my sentiments were then and now. simple as they were, i find myself stubbornly reluctant to complete some of the tasks i have set out for myself. all because my heart is no longer in it.

readers must be scratching their head, wondering what my resolutions were. that is not the point. although they are not secrets that cannot be revealed to the light of day, i do not see the point of listing them out, especially when i have failed so drastically.

i shall set out a new list of resolutions here for myself for the new year.

let me ponder on this for a few days; to see what i want for myself for the year 2007.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you can achieve most of the next year's resolutions. Happy New Year. All the best.

me said...

dear why: you stalker ah? so fast you can read the new post :-p hope you will achieve a more decent passing of your new year resolutions next time.

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a better year ahead.

Happy New Year !

Anonymous said...

Ah resolutions... I guess most ppl will be blogging about that about now. Ha ha. Yay, Monday and Tuesday holiday... happy happy!!!

me said...

dear licky: a very happy new year to you too. going to catch the fireworks on new year eve?

dear jonzzy: yes, but not everybody has blogging connections. hahaha. we are so blessed..so go and blog something and take advantage of our good connection, for goodness sake. i am sooooo looking forward to the holidays...but the malls will be packed with ppl...most prob will be staying home to clean house. soooo lame.

Anonymous said...

what?! so fast last post of the year oredi? 3 more days to go leh.
Anyway, if this is your last post let me wish you,

'HAPPY NEW PIG YEAR!'

me said...

dear ah pek: maybe only lah, since te next two days are weekend. see mood lah. ten kiu, ten kiu hor. next year is MY year. heehee.

Anonymous said...

yoo hoo.... I'm back! I've got my number but I can't seem to email you... Mind sending me your number via email so I can sms you???

And oh, Happy New Year 2007 and all the best with the resolutions!

Las montaƱas said...

what is a resolution? the word's not in my vocab.

Anonymous said...

My resolution this year is not to make any. No probs in meeting this one I'm sure. LOL

Have a great 2007 ahead!

King's wife said...

May you accomplish all that you set out to do.
Happy New Year to you!

Anonymous said...

happy new 2007 year to u!

oooh, this yr is ur yr ah? u 24 yrs old only ah? hehehe!

Fantasy "Sticky" Flier said...

maybe this year you'll achieve 1.6 ... :p happy new year babe!

me said...

dear ian: you're the second person to say that. i wonder what's wrong with my e-mail...keeping crazy people out??!! haha! searched everywhere on your blog for your e-mail address...couldn't locate it..until i realise i do have your e-mail *hit self on head* i'm so blur! and it's only the start of the year. ok, task done. go check.

dear monty: haha. meaning you probably have never set any for yourself in your life :-) tot it was a pretty silly thing to do too but once i got started...and failed so miserably, i just got to give it another try.

dear cocka: cannot leh. you failed miserably also too. your resolution is not to make any...but you've already made one. hahaha!

dear kw: thank you, and a very happy new year to you too.

dear sooi2: 24? hahaha. you know? i don't wish. i like this age of being confident, being myself and not bothering about others' opinion. what's a few wrinkles to trade of that? :-)

dear ff: 1.6 only ah? provided i only have 2 resolutions! i'm determined to pass this year...... even if i have to lower the expectation bar. *grins*