Tuesday, December 26, 2006

merry christmas to all

reminder to self: pleaseeeee write your post for the day before you surf other bloggers' site. each time i log into the net, filled with witty things to write about and smart quips, i leave a little empty after visiting other blogs. it's strange. it's almost like i leave a little of myself in each blog until i return to my own with nothing; my thoughts all muddled, my feelings burried. i forget what it is i wanted to write. sigh!

a merry christmas to all!

i am so humbled by the fact that some of you actually took the trouble to come in here and leave a greeting for me, considering also that i did a m.i.a. (though not on purpose) for a couple of days. i thank you with all my heart, especially those that made a special appearance just for the purpose. i am most happy that i was in your thoughts on this warm festivity.

it has been hectic, to say the least, right up until the very last day. hence, my 'disappearance'. perhaps the absence did me good. blogging has become a very tedious task to me, as i try to satisfy my readers with regular posts. it is not so much the writing, which i still love with a passion, but more of the time and place suited for it. as wise people say; there is a time and place for everything. lately, i have been writing my posts in a hurry and i do not feel that it properly reflects my soul. the words are not mine, merely outpour of a harrassed and tired mind.

as i lay quietly with myself during my absence, i daydream of sitting in the middle of the quiet night, fingers rapidly clicking on the keyboard as i become one with my thoughts. i imagine myself to be a regular columnist with a popular newspaper, furnishing the dailies with short witty tales. it will never be part of my destiny, so i am grateful that at least here in this blogosphere i can live my dream, if only for a little while.

this year has been the most chrismassy christmas in all my life. is it the best? i don't know, it just feels like the most festive celebration of the occasion.



the kids became santa helpers for a couple of days, learning to earn their keep as they go about frolicking in the christmas spirit. i witnessed with my own eyes the launching of the mall's christmas celebration. it was like a call beckoning me to begin my own jubilation.


the first christmas party i attended this year. there were presents, fine wine, laughters and good time galore. everybody went home with a smile in their heart and a memory to add to their chest. during this festive period, almost everyday in the calendar was marked by an unforgettable event. it was truly a celebration to the very last.



the final leg of my christmas celebration.

i return to my place behind the desk with a satiated tummy, a tired body and a contented soul...and a little virus running havoc in my throat as souvenier. Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Fantasy "Sticky" Flier said...

A satiated tummy is the best feeling in the world.... write what you want to and be yourself, its the easiest way...;)

Anonymous said...

happy boxing day!

Anonymous said...

Spare a thought for those out there who also wish to celebrate but could hardly grab a bite.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, Happy Boxing Day!

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas to you, me. ;-)
God bless.

Anonymous said...

woi change your camera lah. or go and polish your photography skills. some of your pictures out of focus. cannot see the leng lui face even.

me said...

dear ff: yes, you are right. it is the best way...but sometimes you get caught up in things and you lose yourself...remind me every now and then, ok?

dear wuching: thank you, hope you are having a good one there too :-)

dear licky: i know, it's so sad, isn't it? esp. those in the southern part who is facing the floods right now. wish there was more i could do....but somehow i don't trust the local donation system :-(

dear may: and a merry christmas and boxing day to you. eekkk....i guess it's neither today. errr....a happy new year to you?

dear bernard: haha, that sounds funny. merry christmas to you me. *grins* merry christmas to you to, bernard.

dear ah pek: ya lor, i was thinking the same thing when i posted those pictures. all so blur one, must go enrol in some photo-taking course. heehee.