Thursday, September 14, 2006

yesterday and today

wednesday was busy, busy, busy. did some running around for a friend's birthday gift and the celebratory cake. then it was back to more of that tiresome, boring and senseless activity called work. infact, i was immersed in that pointless thing until it was time to knock off for dinner with my friend, which left my head a little dizzy and empty at the start of the evening.

dinner with friends was nice, though i would have preferred a cosier place to chat. my ideal celebration would be with a glass of red wine in my hand, a medium-well grilled steak on my plate in a dimly-lighted small and cosy place, with some music flowing in the air and some good friends providing the entertaining chatter. sounds heavenly. however, i still have lots of work to do in the 'friend' department.

as it was, i had to shuttle between the toilet and the dinner table for my sick little boy who was suffering from diarrhoea. there's something about visits to toilets and wiping soiled behinds that makes food unappetising, don't you think?

bumped into some acquaintances when dinner was nearly coming to a close. i really should learn to work more on my fake smile and pretentious warm handshake. never realised i was so failing in that department until my friend told me to stop smiling because it looked so fake. i guess my face does subconsciously reflect my emotions, whether i realise it or not. perhaps it is a blessing that i do not have to face the office politics for i believe i will wither in the process. or perhaps it is because i choose not to partake in such activities, thus i have become very inadept at being so pretentious. whichever, i thank my lucky stars that i do not have to subject myself to that which i cannot tolerate to bring food to the table.

speaking of office politics, i have another birthday date to go to today. and for the record, for those who have been wishing me happy birthday in almost every post, it is not my birthday! when i finally don't talk about birthdays, then you will know that mine has passed. this party that i am supposed to attend today is held right in the middle of the collosseum - you know, in ancient roman times, when the slaves were thrown into the pit for the lions to devour? yes, that is where i will be heading off for lunch. where people look at me from my head, slowly down to my feet and all the way back up again. each time, i have to restrain my hands from digging their eyes out and smile sweetly while i wait for them to finish their trek back to my face.

which is why it is very important that i choose my attire for today with utmost care. not too grand. not too casual. not too revealing. not to stuffy. the perfect one comes to mind.






excuse me while i go suit up in my armour. and wish me luck, won't you? if you don't see me here tomorrow, you will know that i have been eaten by the lions. Posted by Picasa

17 comments:

Las montaƱas said...

aiyah, this attire so unladylike. go wear a burga and make sure everything else is kept under wraps! save the eyes.

Anonymous said...

really funny attire for your lunch meeting. NO lions can eat you if you wear like this.

Fantasy "Sticky" Flier said...

whats wrong with people, especially men, looking at you from toes to hair and back down? must be looking good then look like that mah, if not looking good will be eyeballing something else like the waitress instead ;)hehe

me said...

dear lm: burga ladylike ah? you forgot my ghost photo already? with looks like this, in burga somemore, they will be calling for exorcist team to clean the office pronto.

dear why: that's the point. the lions always look so hungry.

dear ff: err...those people's look are not exactly complimentary loh. more like busybody, nothing better to do, check what 'quali' she has. i get goosebumps just imagining it.

Anonymous said...

good luck! and hope your boy's recovered from his diarrhoea. nice suit, btw... ;)

Las montaƱas said...

"dear ff: err...those people's look are not exactly complimentary loh. more like busybody, nothing better to do, check what 'quali' she has. i get goosebumps just imagining it. "


haiyah! why get goosebumps!? if you've got it, flaunt it!!!

Anonymous said...

With that attire you've chosen, you will do well to stay one corner and stand together with those decoratives. Have fun camouflaging... Hahaha!

seefei said...

i like your office attire... but how do you relieve yourself thru that suit hah?

aiyoh being a lenglui but dont like ppl to look you updown-updown how can?

me said...

dear lm: flaunt it? and if i ain't got it leh? just don't like their rudeness, i guess. don't mind if ppl look discreetly but to do it so blatantly seems lacking in manners.

dear ian: phew! i survived the lunch and i didn't need to stand in some obscure corner. did catch a few ppl looking strangely at my armour suit though. don't think it would have blended well with the balloons and flowers anyway.

dear may: looks like the lions have all been de-toothed today. wasn't half bad. boy's tummy hasn't been acting up today either *keeping my fingers crossed*

dear fei: relieve myself? it leaks out through the holes and cracks, naturally. :-)

being lenglui is my own appointment lah. don't know if many will share the same opinion as me. but if i pretty like miss malaysia also i don't like people look so cocky at me. what is there to see about feet lah, please. or the bottom half for that matter. cannot look at my top half meh?

seefei said...

hei can bring me to the bak kut teh stall or not when i am in kl next week?

Wuching said...

no need armour suit lah, just dress down will do

me said...

dear fei: which day will you be here? i tanya my mopa (ministry of public affairs) dulu.

dear wuching: and look like part of the wallpaper? tak mahu lah.

Anonymous said...

tell me. when you wear that, do you wear anything else inside??

Anonymous said...

Hope your boy is getting better. Yes, I hate hate hate being pretentious. That's why I am still where I am..heh heh...dunno how to angkat angkat one.

me said...

dear ah pek: why i got so many hum sup low come to visit me one leh? answer also die, don answer also die.

dear imd: infact he hasn't been able to pass motion at all yesterday, so i hope that's the end of the diarrhoea episode. but hopefully not the start of a constipation chapter. kids, we are always worrying about them. this angkat kaki not very easy one, must angkat until the receipient don't feel it but at the same time feel very shiok, a very educated task. we amateur should not anyhow practice it, nanti kaki fall flat on our face, got black black footprint :-)

Cocka Doodle said...

i can't imagine hubs taking you out on a romantic evening for dinner with you dressed like that.

How is he gonna get into your pants after that ah? LOL

me said...

dear cocka: so innocent meh you? of course dinner with HD warrants a wardrobe change - into something shorter, sexier, lower cleavage. kekekeke. but romantic dinner? yah, right! with the entire family along! want to kick legs under the table also scared kick wrong legs.