Friday, September 01, 2006

meme about me, me and me

ever since i have joined the blogging scene a few months ago, this is the first time that i am feeling the pressure. i can almost feel the heat, my hearts thumps in anticipation.

i have been tagged once again. whilst this is no longer my virgin tag and i am no more a novice at it, i am still feeling the tension under the strain to perform. for this is no ordinary tag. i have been tagged by no other than the celebrity blogger, the prima-donna of the sphere. he does not visit any tom, dick and harry's blog. if and when he does visit yours, it is considered the utmost privilege. thus, when i learnt that he has tagged mere me, i nearly fainted from the honour. scrambling to regain control of my senses, i have been pondering on how to give my very best to this post.

*standing at attention* sir, yes sir. i promise to do my very best, sir. however, if you don't mind, i will rather give the 'kissing ass' bit a miss. my mother taught me to always leave some for another day, so perhaps i should leave this privilege for next time :-)

for those who are reading this post, consider yourself privileged to have laid eyes on an entry that was commanded by the famous celebrity.

his graciousness has requested that i write 6 random facts about myself. since he has put on such a performance that cannot be equalled by mere mortals, i have decided to follow suit by taking the serious route in a bid to show my utmost respect to him. as simple as it looks, this tag is very difficult because of the wide and varied direction it can take. perhaps i should jump in with both feet. *squeezing my nostrils and closing my eye*......

fact no 1.
i am a hokkien lang.

pretty self-explanatory. born and bred as a hokkien lang. though i must confess, i haven't been speaking much mother-tongue lately. reason being the infestation of the cantonese sect in my household :-)

fact no. 2.
my defence mechanism dictates that i often seem standoffish to people.

it's a sickness, aitelyu. i have no control over the cool air surrounding my physical presence or my aloof looks. then again, i don't exactly encourage people to get close either :-) kekeke *evil laughter*

fact no. 3
i can't stand raisins, cockles, oysters and bishop's nose.

so please don't make me puke by offering me some. as for the rest of the food, bring it on :-D

fact no. 4
i learnt to cycle at the ripe old age of 20 plus. and swimming too. all under the watchful eyes of my HD.

who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks. my next goal will be to learn ice-skating. perhaps not a very good idea given that my bones are probably more brittle in my old age, but who cares!

fact no. 5
there is a 94.857% chance that i will be feeling a little sad, a little lost and a little melancholy tommorow.

so, don't tick me off if you value your peace of mind. and don't ask me why, if you don't want me to ignore you.

fact no. 6
i closely resemble the panda bear by reason of permanent dark circles around my eyes. by coincidence (or not?!) i answer to the same name as one member of the panda family. and i bear a striking similarity to their characteristics as you can always find me lounging around, motionless on some nearby sofa. perhaps, i was reincarnated from one?

that was a difficult meme because i had to choose which 6 facts i want to state, out of the thousand and millions of things about me. perhaps what fact i have chosen to say says more about my character, than the actual details of the fact. therein lies the answer to my character. after all, that is what a meme is usually about; to let others know you a little better.

one thing i have learnt from this tag. when you receive a tag, get it done immediately. not because it is rude to sit on it. not because it is impolite to ignore it. and not because your ideas will flit away if you give it a chance to cool down.

rather, you should go about getting your tag done immediately so that you can tag someone else in the blogosphere, before everyone else that you know have been tagged, and thus, leaving you with no yummy choices.

my tag-gees....

1) of course, mr liew $3. as i have pre-warned him. eventhough titoki has tagged him but he has not done it, so i guess i might as well tag someone who has already been tagged. not making any sense? no point in killing more brains in the blogosphere. mr liew, considered it an honour to be tagged by the taggee who was in turn tagged by the prima-donna of the sphere. you can laugh in your sleep at night, knowing that you are working on the same tag that was once touched by the high and mighty celebrity.

2) sengkor. he has been pretty quiet lately, aside from his a-go-go posts. would be nice to hear from him again. wondering if his mask left a pale impression on his face when he went frolicking in the sand and sun.

comeon guys, it's your turn now. before all the other bloggers have done it and you are left with no one to tag :-)

15 comments:

Las montañas said...

what!! you hokkien lang trying to talk down our cantonese comrades!! lei mmm ji sei!!

As usual.. a virgo trying her best.. perfectionist. Go ditch that!

Anonymous said...

I think it's totally awesome to learn swimming and cycling at 20 plus! Good luck with the ice skating! :)

Las montañas said...

papilio: ME is superwoman mah, she'll learn rollerblading at 50, golf at 60, and take part in her first marathon at 70!. ;P

so you still holed up in your private livejournal? go back to blogger lah!

seefei said...

u garang lah... simple tag also so long winded. i concur it is a tough one. it took me 2 days to finish mine.

i took this tag to reintroduce some of my old post that maybe of interest to those new blog fren.

slow learner hah? welcome to the club. i learned to speak ingrish when i was 20 after i went over to lil dot. :-)

Las montañas said...

seefei: alamak! die liao! you call her longwinded!!!??? for her bootifully expressed verses just to give 6 short facts? hohoho

Anonymous said...

hmmm... for that pitiful effort, i might just give you my infamous big and wet frech kiss. i might even consider signing a photograph for you. consider yourself a part of the previledged few!

Wuching said...

hello hokkien lang! i'm not hokkien but we can converse in hokkien if u like!

Helen said...

I love to go dinner with you. Then I can sapu all the oysters, cockles and lala !! lol

Anonymous said...

I don't fancy oysters and cockles either! eww! but I don't mind having them lala's... mmmm...

me said...

dear lm: ditch my perfectionist attitude?! never! cannot help it lah, friend. born liddat mah. you think can isolate the gene and remove it? never the best but always trying. heehee.

and i'm not talking down the cantonese sect lah. i'm already part of them. baaaa! i want my roots back.

dear papilio: hey, thanks for the repeat visit. will post about my bruised bottom and dignity when i tackle it.

dear lm again: actually, have attempted the golf thing in my 30s...but as with everything else, mediocre at best. marathon...mini walkathon can ah? but rollerblading sounds good too. just can't figure how to balance on the blade.

dear fei: are you serious? wow! admire you for hanging in there. i would love to learn another language too, maybe when i am in my 50s i want to pick up french/italian. btw, now only you realise i long-winded ah?

dear lm: why do i have the feeling that you concur with him? *sends flying slipper*

dear ah pek: signed photograph??!!! ohmygawd! what an honour! then i can use it to frighten away the rats in my house. kakakaka *runs away quickly*

dear wuching: that's cool. but you'll have to know i'm pretty lousy because of lack of practise.

dear helen: with pleasure, pleaseeeeee! so, agreed ah? i pass all those eecky yucky things on my plate to you.

dear may: hey, high 5. i'm more comfortable with lalas. and the smaller, the better. the big ones just make me feel so.....geli.

Anonymous said...

if you don wan the photo, would you consider the franch kiss?
remember.. you are the previledged few u know.

me said...

dear ah pek: you mean the slobbery wet full of saliva and germs french kiss whereby your tongue rolls in my mouth and fondle my tongue ah? errrrr.....don wan. later your millions and millions of fans stones me to death, how? somemore hor, you mega-celebrity mah. later the 'kau chai tui' (little dog team) take photos of me and put in the front page. malu lah. kakakakaka.

sengkor said...

now is tommorow oredi.. how accurate is the 94.857%?

Fantasy "Sticky" Flier said...

whats a bishop nose?

me said...

dear sengkor: thanks for doing the meme. the prediction was 110% accurate....but then again, maybe i'm the one responsible for the sudden degradation of my mood so it was within my control all along.

dear ff: chicken back side. care for some? :-)