Monday, September 11, 2006

my birthday wish

monday started out with on overdose of sweetness from the comments left by my very kind readers. i was all psyched up for another 5-days rally of blogging and story-telling. unfortunately, i have been so engrossed with labelling, boxinization (HD came up with this word for my habit of putting everything into lock-&-lock boxes) and re-arranging that i couldn't quite squeeze it into my morning schedule; otherwise read: another of virgo's idiotic idisyncracies. that's why it's always better to let sleeping dogs lie. virgos will not be satisfied until all their underwears are arranged according to colour and everything else lying around the house in their respective, labelled boxes. given a chance, there will be a box in my house labelled 'dust'. that's why i am still feeling so itchy and uncontented, because i still have half a house left to organise and i am fast running out of 'lock-&-lock' boxes.

anyway, afternoons usually present me with a little more free time and hence, you are reading the fruit of my labour now. however, this later half of the day also means that i am stuck behind a very slow modem, which is suppose to connect at the pitiful speed of 56k but is in fact putting me in touch with the world at a measly 21 to 35k. i haven't even mention the fact that the connection is dropped every few minutes and i have to jump out of wherever or whatever i am doing here to re-connect it. by the time i am done reading all my regular blogs, my brain is half-dead and i am more exhausted than a 3 hour marathon at the gym. for those who falls in the second half of my regular list, sigh! i'll just have to catch up with you tomorrow morning, when i have access to a more decent connection. so, it is something of a miracle that you are reading this post right now, just as i am on the verge of pulling out all my hair in frustration. for some reason, jumping off a cliff looks very tempting to me right now. or better still, throwing my laptop, the land-line and everything else that is linked to it down into the deep ravine. i'm losing my sanity very quickly!

backtracking a little to the start, everybody was absolutely precious to have given me the re-assurance to continue writing, despite the fact that i am a very long-winded writer. however, most of you didn't put in your guess for my birthday wish, with the exception of fantasyflier. however, neon purple top and matching pants doesn't sound like he has made a very serious effort either.

for the past few years, i have came up with wish lists that includes louis vuitton wallet, lv organiser, gucci handbag, sony camera and a whole list of other things that would have burnt a rather big hole in the wallet of the giver. perhaps it should serve as a lesson to them that they should never, never ask what i want for my birthday. recent years, however, i have toned down my requests slightly, perhaps because i do not crave for branded items anymore. of late, i have asked for perfume and earrings from my brother and sister-in-law. anyone have any inkling why? so when people compliments me on the fragrance that i use and the earrings that look so unique, i can tell them that my brother / sil gave them to me. it sounded very warm to my ears and serves as a constant reminder that i am loved. what else could be better?

this year. this year i am asking for something again. this time my daughter has volunteered to get it for me. yes, my 7-year old cutey. she eagerly told me that she will accede to my request for a home-made birthday cake, complete with icing and decoration.

practice run took place over the weekend, which kind of flopped. it looks picture-pretty though and doesn't taste half bad. i took some pictures and could have posted them for you to see......but with this backward dungeon that i am stuck in, do you think i will have something as advance as a link to download my photos? dream on.

anyway, i love the time, the effort and the love that goes into a home-made cake, baked with just me in mind. :-D

11 comments:

seefei said...

aiyah... i had known i would have given you the most precious gift you could imagine...ME! An evening with burung pipit at a sarang tinggi di awan....

Anonymous said...

I am a Virgoan too, and my birthday is around the corner. But surprisingly, I am not a fusspot like you are.

Las montaƱas said...

virgoans are adaptible; they can choose not to be a fusspot.

and happy birthday ME!

Anonymous said...

oooh, homemade birthday cake!! ok, now that's a good wish! show is the lurve that goes into that cake, yea? we wanna see you eating it!

Happy Birthday!! *hugs*

Cocka Doodle said...

Happy Birthday Lenglui!!
Muaks! Muaks!

Anonymous said...

Cheesecake?

me said...

dear fei: chirp chirp! i'm afraid of heights lah :-p

dear licky: hahaha! your friends may be calling you a fusspot behind your back, but you don't know it. kakaka.

dear lm: thank you, thank you. so nice of you to come to my defence :-D you may have wished me many times happy birthday...but it's still not my birthday yet!

dear may: yea! that's what it is all about - the lurveeeee. post pics when they have done it.

dear cocka: you are back! how was your trip? so long gone, thought you were swallowed alive by the piao meis. that sounds delicious to you, huh?

not yet leh. kakaka. post, post, post about birthday all month long - but still not my birthday yet leh. trying to break record on how many posts i can come up with regarding birthdays :-)

dear ian: so eloquent today, aren't you? i'll pass on cheesecake. not against it.....but not on the top of my list. or maybe it's because ppl around me don't quite like cheesecake...so i make it my pet dislike too.

having problem going into yr blog recently. didn't bombard on friday cos couldn't re-enter yr comments box for the whole afternoon. then yesterday, couldn't read your post for the longest time. looks like grim reaper is still causing havoc :-p

Wuching said...

aww..happy birthday!

Anonymous said...

happee birdday!
wish whatever. you wish is my command.

Anonymous said...

May the wonder and magic of your auspicious day fill your heart with happiness and fun to enjoy the whole year through....

....Happy Birthday ME!

me said...

dear wuching: aiyah! don't wish me hb lah. not even my birthday yet. this is getting to be sooooo embarrasing.

dear ah pek: another one. don't you find it strange that you guys keep wishing me happy birthday? i think everyone of you must have already wished me twice. malu lah. it's not my birthday!

dear licky: this one's classic. first comment bears a tad bit of hostility, the second one so sweet - all in the same post. strange person lah you. happy birthday to you too, licky.