Monday, August 14, 2006

monday sucks

when you get older, there seems to be less things that make you happy.

laughters are fleeting and smiles momentarily. the heaviness in my heart, however, seems here to stay. small things, insignificant things bring my mood low. that hardly seems fair to my mind, who is but an innocent bystander to all these external stimuli.

sunday, i asked HB (hubby dearest) if he had any reply to a question i had asked him to put forward to my sister-in-law. he handed me the phone and asked if i wanted to call her myself. maybe it was unfair to him, but emotions know no rationale. it ticked me off. my hands are not amputated. my lips are not super-sealed. if i had wanted to ask her myself, i would have simply lifted the handle off the phone and made the call, instead of asking mr. jerk here. over the past decade, that was his style. which is quite infuriating, really. given the situations were reversed, he would also gladly pass any associations to my family back to me, not to say that we don't love our individual in-laws, but i guess it's just a natural in-built instinct. so, it makes it even more infuriating that he doesn't understand it when the tables are turned on him. arggghhh! that earned him half day of stone-walled silence from yours truly.

monday. mr male-menopause popped me a question out of the blue, just as he was getting dressed for work. what is the name of the brand of shirts he wears? i know mr pig-headed is extremely loyal to one single brand of shirt. and i have even bought a few for him on certain ocassions. but hello? this is not mng or zara that we are talking about. this is no three of four letter word. we are talking about somebody's italian or whatever-language name here. an information that i do not see or come across on a daily basis. damn, i don't even think about it for the last six months. i am supposed to recall that information at the flick of my hand? what am i? super-mental kid? i told him i don't know but i will if he gives me multiple choices. nooo, he wasn't in a very generous mood. i told him i will know it if i saw it in the shopping centre. but that wasn't good enough for mr male-menopause. he was unamused that his little wifey didn't have all these unnecessary information stored up in that grey cell of hers. since when is the ability to retain useful pieces of information a yard-stick for how important someone is in your life? i wasn't pissed when he could never remember my bra-size and for a guy, that's like the only information when their ears perk up.

he told me it started with a 'd' and a 'h' and to let him know when i have recalled it. duh! like i am even going to waste my brain power trying to recall that information. like it will make me richer and more powerful if i can suddenly remember the brand of his shirt. i could have easily opened his cupboard and find that information now, but i am not even going to do that :-p

next, i received a phone call which added the shade of blue of my mood a little darker. and it also sealed my decision not to blog about her anymore. so, my friends, i will not be talking about her here in the future. much as it does stabilise my emotions to blog about how i feel and the ups and downs i feel when i think of her, i have to respect her privacy too. please don't ask me anymore how she is for i all i will be able to say is she is fine.

i just read my mails for the weekend and my happiness indicator suffered another blow. a long-lost best friend shares with me the depression that she is presently suffering from. i don't know how to make her see the light and i don't know if my reply will be enough for her to see the picture but i hope the mere presence of my listening ears will help.

monday sucks!

16 comments:

Las montaƱas said...

Feeling unappreciated despite all you have/or can think of doing?

STOP thinking about others (and serving them). Be selfish a little more!

Additional tip:

Virgo is a changing sign. Means it is an adaptable sign and will be able to adapt to others' styles. By itself, it is fairly pessimistic. If being pessimistic is your problem, then go rub shoulders with optimistic people!

sengkor said...

it's normal. monday always sucks.

IMMomsDaughter said...

Sorry for a bad start but your post provided the humour that I needed to perk me up on a Monday. Thanks!

me said...

dear lm: hmmm, did you read that i felt unappreciated from between the lines? i dunno, i don't think i was thinking liddat. never needed others to appreciate what i do, just don't kick me when i am down is good enough.but being selfish?! gasp! what meaning will there be in my life?! heehee. i live to serve others :-D

but true, we are adaptable people. and damn pessimistic too. are you reading up on me in your horoscope books? ok, are you optimistic? *rub rub* :-)

dear sengkor: yes, sob sob, so true. *lips pouting*

dear imd: i'm getting to like you more and more. and i'm glad you are at least amused by my monday, eventhough i am not :-) anytime friend *hi 5*

seefei said...

aiyoh... if my wife ask me to do simple tasks like making a call, i will jump at it. nothing beat doing simple things to please the visa officer.

the last one she requested was for me to give up sheila majid concert although i had bought the ticket. arrghhh... but in reture i get to kara with brother on sat.

Wuching said...

its ok..everything's going to be alright.

Las montaƱas said...

... heehee. i live to serve others :-D

sigh!

never mind.. can serve me. I like to be served.

Admin said...

you really put too much emotions into a relationship, you know that? I dunno if it's good or bad but it's a very realistic world out there.

And can't you see your hubby is trying to break the ice mountain in front of him when he ask you guess? hehehe .. that's men. if ignored by the ice clod lady, he cannot tahan for 2 days.

Cocka Doodle said...

Woman! What you really, really need is a break from all these monotonous domestic chores.
Get hubs to look after the kids one evening and you come party with us on our bloggers' meet. Tell him don't wait up, you are going to be late.

Anonymous said...

mondays are bluer than usual these few weeks, hor? but someone told me they always turn a lighter shade towards the end of the day. always. :)

me said...

dear fei: kara in exchange for sheila? doesn't sound like a very good exchange. but if home ministry says so, you better follow..if not, no more budding little ministers for you. :-)

dear wuching: if you say so.

dear lm: haha. only if you are privileged enough. this club special membership, very difficult to join :-D

dear ah pek: but how can one put less emotion into a relationship? how can it be termed as a relationship then? i think you are right. but it still pissed me off because by not being able to answer him outright, it is supposedly equivalent to my not caring enough for him. isn't that what his question inferred? maybe it's just a male vs female point of view.

dear cocka: sigh! i think it's more likely i will have to bring him and leave the kids at home. so that you won't be looking down by cleavage or trying to catch sight of my love handles. kakakaka :-p

dear may: you promise? *looking hopefully up at may, turning to look at sky and waiting quietly for it to turn lighter*

Ianfluenza said...

Mr. Lim Gong Kok will appreciate your patience. Hehehe!

Fantasy "Sticky" Flier said...

D H - Daniel Hector?
If u tell me your bra size I sure remember wan *grin*
u know wat cocka actually has a point there (for once), go hang out with the other bloggers lah, nothing like a night of laughter and cheer to make you smile more :D
*smiles*

me said...

dear ian: hahahahaha. u still remember his nickname. he will not be amused. kakakaka.

dear ff: but ff so far away woh. how to smile? heehee. i guess i'm not ready for a blogger's meet yet. in a big group,i tend to clamp up and that could be pretty boring :-)

King's wife said...

**sigh**
It's Tuesday and it still sucks..

me said...

dear ff again: well, apparently you've got the correct answer, eventhough i could not recall the name for the life of me. and hahaha, you think i flaunt my bra size to the public? you must be crazzzzyyyyyy.

dear kw: poor thing. whyyyy? time to organise another blogger's meet to cheer up her royal highness *hugs*