Wednesday, August 02, 2006

closed doors

whilst i continue to shiok shiok with my qi gong, i'll leave you with this:


there i was, sitting behind my desk, hard at work (as usual) as i valiantly try to make up for the time that i have wasted on blogging. slaving away, drops of perspiration started to form on my forehead. they don't call it hard work for nothing.

the clock ticked and tocked and time dragged past. the surrounding environment was getting more oppressive with each passing minute. it doesn't help that i was seated facing the sun and it was scorching its very best at the moment. i mentally ticked myself off for not taking into account the direction of the sun when i was renovating the place. as it is, i will be forever stuck in this inferno when i work. the glass doors are doing nothing in keeping the hot sun out.

it is getting more unbearable. even with the air-conditioner turned on, it does nothing to alleviate the heat. i have resorted to wearing the bare minimum required for decency but short of peeling of my skin, it is not helping much either. hair pinned up in a bun, perspiration forming all over my body, i am starting to lose concentration. i feel like downing a tall glass of thirst quenching ice water.

restless, i got up for a walk. moving over to the balcony, i look out into the greens far below. as my eyes focus, something struck me. the trees are swaying from side to side. the realisation was slow to form but it finally arrived. heyyyyy, there is a breeze out there. then, why am i boiling in here?

only then did i realise that the glass doors to the balcony and the study are closed. gently, i slid them open and a cool breeze greeted me. ahhhhh! the gentle wind caressed my face, bringing immediate relief from the torment.

the room is now filled with a soft breeze, gently flapping the papers on the table and making the small tendrils on my hair do a slow dance.

i thought i was keeping the coolness in with the closed doors but i was actually keeping the breeze out. i smiled at my silliness and return to work.

have you opened the doors to your heart yet?

21 comments:

Ianfluenza said...

Sounds orgasmic. Teeheehee...

me said...

wha...?! you still stuck up on my qi gong post ah? or the wind blowing on my hair? which part is orgasmic? your comment is the last i would have expected on this post. i thought the question was 'have you opened yur heart'.....how was it linked to orgasmic? *head spinning*

Las montaƱas said...

ian mind has been somewat poisoned by the noti comments we made on his blog. See, his giggling comes in a new form "Teeheehee".


Oh, if hot, just drive up to genting lah! so near only!

me said...

dear lm: where got leave any noti comments in his blog? *looking innocent* i was also wondering about the 'tee'. me think ian has his mind too much on sex :-p

genting? boooooring. i can get the same comfort by sticking my head in the fridge. and if i remove all the things and the shelves, i can stick my whole body in too. :-p

Helen said...

Open door to my heart??

If only I'm Ah Pek and staying opposite you armed with a binoculars!! lol

Fantasy "Sticky" Flier said...

nope just opened the doors for more air...sweating...

Anonymous said...

I need a good carpenter to fix a door for me ler... any recommendations? ;)

me said...

aiyah! why i'm getting all these crazy response? everybody siao like me already ah?

dear helen: open doors to heart only wor? not open doors wearing transparent negligee :-D

dear ff: *puff puff* hope that will make you slightly cooler

dear may: door to your heart broken liao ah? seng kor can or not? or maybe ian also very good with his hands ah. ok, anybody who is good at diy and SINGLE, pls register here :-D

titoki said...

Do you know that besides my normal working outfit, I have to wear a cardigan + a jumper + a jacket in my office for warmth?

The air-cond in my office is a full-blast centralised control one.

I feel like I am in the North Pole right now. ;) Let's swap places.

me said...

dear titoki: your boss doesn't know understand about money saving meh? raising the temperature of the air-condition can save cost for your company ler. nevermind lah, think of it as slowing down your metabolism, which in turn slows down the wrinkle, spots, etc. hehe.

Anonymous said...

I've always wanted to open the 'emotional compartment' door of my heart.

But to WHOM?????

Wuching said...

my heart? its fort knox in there!

me said...

dear licky: good question. to whom? you'll know when the time come, i guess. but at the same time, you'll never know if it's the correct person if you don't open the doors first.

daer wuching: fort knox ah? meaning access only to authorised personnel, is it? only president and secretary of state will have the keys ah? so, i guess terese must be president lor :-)

Admin said...

the trees are swaying from side to side. the realisation was slow to form but it finally arrived. cool breeze greeted me. the room is now filled with a soft breeze, gently flapping the papers on the table and making the small tendrils on my hair do a slow dance.

brrrr....it's the Seventh Month on the Lunar Calender...

me said...

dear ah pek: heehee. 'yat kwong yat pak'(day bright day white) no need be frightened keh.

Wuching said...

u can bet on it!

me said...

dear wuching: and that makes you first.....erm, man lor. and your blog first blog, your garden first garden lor. kekeke.

Anonymous said...

How to open ah...?

me said...

dear neo: hey, first time here. you want fruits or not? you want some drinks? pull up a chair and have a sit.

ok, how to open. you can opt for the surgical approach. but i won't recommend that becos there is much risk associated with open heart surgery.

alternatively, you can start by smiling. at me, at the person sitting next to you, at the beautiful lady/guy (haven't figured out whether you are guy/gal yet despite going through your recent posts. eep :-p). smiling open up doors, you know?

Las montaƱas said...

neo: smiling at strangers oni can be attempted by people like lenglui... without the risk being arrested for being a 'ci sin'.

me said...

dear lm: mountain so high and mighty, why so cynical one keh?