Wednesday, August 09, 2006

inside my mind

BAA WAA!

walked into a familiar pharmacy today and was at once greeted with a 'have you put on weight?'. nevermind that the pharmacist is an idiot who doesn't know the proper way to greet a customer, i should perhaps be more resolute in losing a few pounds. no more food for me. i will be breathing air only for the next few days. breatheeeeee.....damn, i gained another pound. i forgot. air alone is enough for me to put on weight :-)

things have been swirling around me these couple of days. i feel like a juggler who has been thrown one too many balls to handle. i'm trying to keep my head afloat in the sea but the tide is rising fast. i'm sprouting cliches now. the threat of an imminent diet is frying my brains. :-)

grandma had another big fall again. a pretty bad one. just as she had recovered enough for her to walk a few steps, life has thrown her another hurdle. well, maybe not life. after all, she was the one who was being unreasonably obstinate and chose to take the couple of steps without a supporting walker that resulted in this unfortunate turn of events. now she lay, helpless in the hospital bed, waiting. waiting for the very slow process of healing. grumbling and agitated as she lay, waiting.

the entire sequence of events has also left me a little frustrated. at the once again lack of participation from immediate family members. the concern from some relevant parties is glaringly missing and i was left to hold the fort. i have never believed i possess surpassing virtues of filiality but i trust that even i will rush to my mother's side should anything undesirable happen to her. wouldn't you? anyway, it's not my position to judge. i should be grateful that at least i was given the honour to serve that dear ailing grumbling mumbling woman who went a-tumbling whilst she is still close :-)

my own mental state has also not given me any respite from these manic activities around me. i find myself questioning my own desire for blogging and writing. this, however, i need more time to mull over. at this juncture, time does not permit me that luxury :-(

my dear big little devil has returned from school and with her incessant chattering around, the process of thinking must also cease.

till tomorrow........

oh yes, and that loose fitting blouse i was wearing is going straight to the top of the pile of clothes for donation :-p

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

blogging is a great way to get stuff out of your system. or just blabber away like no tomorrow for the fun of it!

hope grandma gets well soon... *hugs*

Admin said...

i can emphatise the situation. when the elders encounters these problems, we see the true colours of the siblings. all those fake filiality vanishes. the funny thing is, it will all come back, even more strongly, once the old wmoan pass away.

Helen said...

Hang in there! :-)

I know how hard it is to convince the old to use the walker. My mother is just as obstinate. The last time, she fell into the longkang.. lucky after a few stictches, she's OK.

Regards to your grandma! :-)

me said...

dear may: :-) but lately i seem to be lost re blogging. don't know my purpose and direction anymore.

dear ah pek: i know what you mean. i just hope my kids don't treat me like that when i grow old

dear helen: thanks. unfortunately, due to her stubborness, she won't get to use the walker again for some time, even if she wants to now :-(

Las montaƱas said...

me: blogging? nothing to write never mind lah.. just go to others' blogs and leave silly comments. :P

Wuching said...

can u see urself in ur grandma?

Robin CHAN said...

Retail Pharmacist from Bolehland, pretending to be your Guardian or Apex.. hehe..

Perhaps, she is trying to sell you their high profit slimming products again.

A never ending demand.

me said...

dear lm: it's not nothing to write. i've got so many things to write, i don't know which to write. the problem is when you are getting closer to your readers, you lose the detachment. it's easy not to care what people think when you don't know them but once you start thinking of them as your friend, you start to hold back. and i have lost sight of my original motive for writing. i don't want to write just to entertain people (cos i don't get paid for it. heehee). other issues to think about re blogging but too long to write here.

dear wuching: eeeeerrrr...are you trying to ask me if i can picture myself as a toothless grumpy old woman? yes! kekekeke. but otherwise, i think not. i will certainly not wish to be so dependent on others' time and attention for my own happiness.

dear robin: it's a he! and he never showed me any slimming products wor. actually, i didn't really take it to heart. my skin quite thick one :-)but true lah, slimming products are the most-money making.

Fantasy "Sticky" Flier said...

blogging great way to get new clothes, perhaps lycra? :

best get well wishes to your grandma!

me said...

dear ff: oooooo, kinky. are you thinking cat woman, perhaps?

Ianfluenza said...

all the best with your nanny...

and should you and LM feel bored, you can always leave silly or obscene comments at my blog. Oh shit, did I just say that? Criss-cross criss-cross, you didn't hear it, savvy? Damn, I'm asking for trouble man...

IMMomsDaughter said...

Hope your grandma recover soon. What a filial grandkid u r, the one up there will add some points to your recordlah :)

me said...

dear ian: kekekeke. sorry, once said cannot be erased. but not really bored now. too busy to be bored. blogging is taking up too much of my time. ocb. used to be obsessive compulsive disorder but now i have been diagnosed as obsessive compulsive blogging!

dear imd: it's not like that :-) i do it for very selfish reasons; because i like to be able to sleep very soundly at night. :-D

not for accruing points but i guess it will still be nice not to sweat away in the hell :-)

Las montaƱas said...

me: I sympathize with you. We need to take our mind off everything we do sometimes. So I have opened a shop to remember your kind takes. Hop over!

me said...

dear lm: was just writing out the lengthy comment in your blog when you dropped by. have gone over. hmmmmm.....maybe i should buy back some of my slippers so that i will have more bullets to throw at you. :-D

titoki said...

My grandma was like that too. But do believe me when I said that old dears learn their 'lessons' fast. The next time round, she won't be so daring already. ;)

May she get well soon.

me said...

dear titoki: sigh! but there is all these months of pain and frustration in between. all because of one seconds' lapse in judgement. second time around, i think nobody will let her be daring also.