Friday, March 31, 2006

my two best friends

i have two best friends, m and b.

usually, these two are the best of pals, mirroring each other physically and spiritually. what m says, b will do - no questions asked. they have been together since day 1 and as such, their relationship is closer than flesh and blood. i have never heard them argue or even utter a raised voice, for that matter. it is a relationship that many will envy.

however, yesterday, something happened - something that shattered the closeness between them. i hang my head in shame but i admit that i am the one who caused the rift. yes, it was because of me. in my defence, i can only say that i did it because i thought would be the best for all three of us.

what did i do that could possibly drive them apart? i went for my weekly yoga class.

m (mind) was all geared up and ready for the limb-bending class. b (body) was a little hesitant, but as usual, followed m meekly through the door. when the instructor came, i could see b from the corner of my eyes and she was ready to make a run for the door. m was there to stop her and i think that was where the resentment started. all throughout the class, m kept urging b to carry out various poses, stretches and postures. b struggled with her best effort, just to please m but there was no letting-up. the difficulty level kept increasing. i think the final straw came when m asked b to do the scorpion pose. i could cut the tension in the air with a knife.



they are not on speaking terms now. it is sad but who would have thought that such a long relationship could be so fragile. maybe....when b is not hurting so bad she will communicate with m once more. what then? what will happen when next thursday's yoga class comes around? i dare not think.

10 comments:

Admin said...

walaueh! you go and torture b like that, cow oso die lah! think somemore 18/22 meh?

me said...

m still think she 18/22 mah. b know otherwise lah, especially today when everywhere also painful.

what to do? see lai must 'keep' mah. no keep later really like cow.

King's wife said...

niamah, I kena conned at first. Good one!

aiya, in that case hor, my m and b long time at war already. Havent been talking for a long time !!

Min Chan said...

My m and b also been at war with each other long time already. My b says, "Oi, enough already. Eat some more sure get fat" but my m says, "One more piece lah...." Die lor!

5xmom.com said...

Oi, I can't figure out what is m and b. Mind and body? Cos I never yoga only karmasutra

me said...

my dear king's wife: kekekeke...all the things we do to look better....lucky i only go once weekly, otherwise world war 3!

min: that situation my m & b unison wor, how? m & b also agree 1 more piece won't die...sabotage me only!

5xmom: kamasutra...your m & b sure in perfect harmony like that. both also very happy.

seefei said...

thats a good pose for badminton spelt with an e LOL

me said...

hmmmm.....needs a lot of imagination to conjure up what you are suggesting..and maybe need to see dr after that too.

Anonymous said...

sorry a bit late on the comment but nevermind.
I did yoga once..once only. it was really good n relaxing but i felt the ache all over the next day.

Came the following week, my m said yoga but my b said line dancing.
somehow followed b.... line dancing, no regrets, infact it has been really fun, doing the rock n roll, the salsa n the rumba.

me said...

yah, yah, yah..my body ache after each session too but i like the way my head feels all clear and alert. line dancing, huh? i think i can't convince my hubby dearest to try that. too sissy for him, i think