Tuesday, June 12, 2007

what do you like most about yourself?

a long long time ago, someone asked....what do you like the most about yourself? i would look at myself in the mirror, checking out my eyes, nose, hands, legs....all parts of my body to see which i am most contented with.

looking back, my vision somewhat clearer with age now and not clouded with all things material and short-lived, i realise that i loved my laughter the most. which goes hand-in-hand with that smile. the one with all my teeth showing. it is what i find most attractive about myself.

it is also what i miss the most now.

why is it that we find laughter more elusive as we grow older? will i grow into a sulking, pouting old nanny? i want there to be creases at the corner of my eyes, fine lines that remind us of how happy our lives had been. i want to hear the gasping sound of my own perverted laughters.

is there less to laugh at now...

or is it just me?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

On the contrary, I like everything of myself except the grumpy part that comes with age.

me said...

dear licky: hahaha. that's cute. how old are you? why r we grumpier as we grow older?

sereneannabelle said...

find more reasons to smile about. :)

me said...

dear serene: the reasons are always around....it depends on how we look at it. sometimes, you can strike lottery....but still it doesn't feel like it's worth smiling about.

zewt said...

u sure it's not evil? your laugh i mean...

me said...

dear zewt: depends on whom i'm talking tooooooo.....hahahahahaha *evil laughter ringing in cyberspace*